Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Apple Harvest
Created by Pamela Wiznitzer | New York, NY
2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
¾ parts Cinnamon Syrup*
¾ parts Lime Juice
3 Apple Slices
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Fan of Apple Slices (for garnish)
1. Combine cinnamon syrup and cloves in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
2. In a separate shaker, muddle apple slices.
3. Strain cinnamon syrup and clove mixture into shaker with muddled apples, and add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon and lime juice.
4. Shake for ten seconds and strain into a lowball glass filled with ice.
5. Add two dashes of bitters to the top of the drink to create a float.
6. Garnish with a fan of apple slices.
*Cinnamon Syrup can be purchased or homemade by combining a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, adding 6 full cinnamon sticks and letting the mixture sit overnight. Remove cinnamon sticks before using in cocktails.