Bourbon Hot Toddy
Cozy up with a winter weather classic. Basil Hayden's® Bourbon Hot Toddy elevates the cinnamon and star anise with our whiskey's signature spicy finish.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Yield: 1 Cocktail
2 parts Basil Hayden's® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
1 part honey
2 lemon wedges
2-3 slices of ginger, peeled
4-5 dashes Angostura® bitters
4 parts hot water
Cinnamon stick or grated cinnamon
1. In a saucepan over medium-heat, heat the ginger and water until almost boiling.
2. Pour the water into a large mug, straining out the ginger.
3. Add the honey, stirring until it is well dissolved.
4. Squeeze and drop in the lemon wedges.
5. Add the Basil Hayden’s® and bitters, giving it another stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Feel free to add more honey if you like it a little sweeter!
6. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or grated cinnamon.